(shiny new floor, "Worn Wood" walls, by Plascon, piles of childrens book to be sorted)
and in between I'm browsing a bit on Pinterest, and during the week I saw this:
which sent me running back to the just-opened wardobe to grab a WIP I started a while ago, originally inspired by a similar cushion seen on the Foxs Lane blog if I remember right, embroidered with their route:
Confirrmation that it should be done, came in the form of this fabric that I had Roman blinds made up with:
So what am I doing??
Mapping our travels on two continental pillows!
One will have our individual trips, and the other those that we made as a family. I've already stitched most of the destinations and planned to finish the flight routes today, but alas, the public holiday only allowed me half an hour.
I have encountered some difficulties:
- an ancient map print with probably pre-WW1 geo-political borders (Prussia, anyone?)
- a map that is not to scale...
- and seriously warped
- and very very faint printing on a small small map (was sitting with Google Maps on my iPhone to try and figure out where exactly approximately to place Prague, Saskatoon and Karlovy Vary!).
- stitch the flight paths and few remaining destinations
- maybe stitch the names of the cities, as the borders are a bit confusing
- maybe stitch a heading for each cushion.