Hello there, good people!
All seems to be going well with my Ripple's valleys and peaks :-) I am tweaking it a bit here and there, but seems like it's under control now. I'm using mainly Elle Pure Gold yarn, with one or two others and some frustration is creeping in there...DK is not necessarily DK...I've had to frog a row or two already. But I'm actually very happy with my progress (mint green, lime green and light blue at the top are not Pure Gold).
The Ripple is at 15 rows now and I wil use 16 or so colours - one set almost done! This one I alternated cool and warm colours, the next one I might do brigth and muted, and maybe a rainbow, so on.
Love this blankie!
Now that I've figure out the African Flower, it's going quickly. I'm hooking the centres whenever I'm busy with the yellow, orange of red from the Ripple, and I try to do a handful at a time. That goes into another bag (which is now becoming the 'travlling' bag, as the Ripple is getting to big to lug along) and from that bag and stash, I complete the flowers. Discarding the Elle Marco has made such a huge difference, my AF's actually look pretty now! Spotted one or two mistakes now, but that be rectified quickly.
I'm enjoying both these patterns, and it's nice to see the quick progress. Might go a bit sower from here, as I promised to help knit/hook 10x10 cm squares for an old age home in Bloemfontein - I might even report on that as well.
But now, I first want to look at all your posts!
Later...to get the small "One a Day" pictures - I got it on Ravelry from Gingerbread Girl. Then just "saved as" and uploaded here as photos.