Reading through Blog Week's last day's post, obviously I would start to ponder in the back of my mind...what happened to my resolutions of last year? And where do I want to be within in another year?
This was my list in April 2012:
- "learn to hook from a diagram
- complete a Japanese flower scarf adapting from an existing doilie type pattern
- learn to hook from a diagram
- go beyond simple amigurumi
- learn to hook from a diagram.
- continue meeting new hookers at Ons Hekel and meet up with them where possible."
At least I'm working on the diagram now. No Japanese Flower Scarf completed yet (although quite a few other flowery versions). Amigurumi...still where I was.
But I had success with nr 6! Ons Hekel (my crochet group on Facebook) has grown far beyond any expectations. At 4500 members, I closed the Page and restarted as a Group, finding a few things easier in that format. I have met so many new friends through this group, meeting up with some on a regular basis in Pretoria and planning to expand on this while on holiday wherever I find myself in the same town as fellow members.
I love meeting up with fellow hookers. I love meeting up with Craft Share hookers and will do a post on that in the near future. I learn so much and get more and more inspiration every time.
I started a doc on Ons Hekel, "Hekel om te Help"(Crochet to Help) where members who collect items for charity can list their details - typically for beanies for prem babies in government hospitals, cancer patients etc. My hope is that this will grow and become an active part of Ons Hekel and I recently completed a pile of beanies that will be sent off to one of these ladies soon. So this is nr 1 then.
But what else? I think I can safely say that I've mastered the bare basics of blankets and beanies...So:
2. Learn to crochet from a diagram (uhm :-)
3. Complete One Item To Wear. (Ok, that's big enough a challenge. Nothing more.)
Did I say something about a diagram?