Friday 27 November 2015

A "Thank You" Scarf for Mrs S

It's the end of the school year (Yeayyyy!!) and I like giving a small gift to my son's teachers in their Foundation Phase years.  Last year I went a bit wild and crocheted SEVEN gifts - but then we were leaving the preschool after six beautiful years.

My youngest started gr 1 and he had a lovely teacher.  Mrs S is the old-fashioned type you want your child to have in their first year of schooling, properly teaching them their ABC's and counting, bonds and phonics, and he's  learnt and grown really well under her guidance.

I took note through the year that she is a scarf-wearing women.

You know, the type we hookers like.  

And blue is her colour.  

And luckily I met Yuli this year, and got to know her very beautiful pattern named the Thank You Scarf...so it was just the matter of finding the right blue, which came in the form of Vinnis Colours Serina in Pale Sky.

Bought the Pale Sky beauties en route to our Get Hooked! get-together atThe Blue Shed


With all the beautiful blues available in Vinni's range, I don't think there's a prettier one than Pale Sky!  It is just darn difficult to photograph, because just as with the real sky, the colour seems to keep changing. 

The Thank You Scarf is a pretty, easy pattern, and came out perfectly with my nr 4 hook.

I could easily sit and hook while watching the fun of learning-to-sail

 My yarn ran out just one row short of a full repeat, but I left it at that as it was also a natural end. 




The yarn's softness and my loose tension resulted in a light, softer-that-soft scarf that I would have loved to keep!

Trying it on quickly


The motif blocked our beautifully.  I would love to have one myself! I think I might make a five motif repeat then. 



And then it was done and time to wrap it up.  



(I posted this photo on my IG feed - where I took my photos of Anything On A Hanger :-)
I remove the bottom portrait, hang my item from the nail, get as close as possible while still keep the top portrait and door out of the frame - and that's my backdrop!)



My little one proudly delivered, together with the five roses and packet of Marie biscuits he insisted on ;-)

Aaaaaw

Happy Christmas, mam!

6 comments:

Bren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bren said...

Dis so spesiaal. En jou serpie lyk gorgeous!

Anne said...

Such a special gift! I am sure Mrs S was stunned and will love to wear the scarf! :)

Take care
Anne
Crochet Between Worlds

cristina said...

What gift so beautiful !!!! A happy teacher sure! Your shawls and scarves are so beautiful ...! Happy December! kisses and hugs!

Maya Kuzman said...

Love the scarf pattern!

Cheyanne said...

How pretty! Love it!