As usual, armed with (un)trusty old Nokia, I went about my daily wonderings, keeping an eye out for the themes of the month. Where last month I couldn't find a kite if life depended on it, this month I attended a kite day!
Couldn't find a funfair. And you know what...there will be one, nearby, over the weekend - but I'm not going that way! Sigh. Can't win.
But I found ...
1. Streetfood - in the form of jaffles with curried mince. A national treasure, to be found at every church bazaar (fete) in the country.
2. A boat - outside the preschool, which is housed in an old Scout's Hall. Lot of sad, unused boats about.
- 4. Something bizarre..I really can't think what on earth this means...apart from maybe drawing attention to the best coffee shop in the world just on the right?
- 5. A market. Taken at the vintage stall of the weekly "boeremark" (farmer's market) in Pretoria.
- 6. A fountain.
- 7. Fabric. To be quilted? Lovely old piece at my MIL.
- 8. Mmmm...the loveliest bread, at above-mentioned market.
- 9. A picnic, weekly, waiting outside the gymnastics hall for my Little Man, the big brother.
- 10. Sport - A sad, forlorn hockey stick. Who left it right there, behind the fountain?
- 11. Mountain - Kite Day on top of the Magaliesberg, just west of Pretoria.
I like this. Bring it on, September!