Tuesday 15 November 2011

One-A-Day 10, or, The Rolling-on-nicely Ripple!

At last!

Two rainbow bands finished!

This is what it looks like...



..and I'm a Happy Hooker :-)

BUT

I am going to put the rainbow aside for a while. We are experiencing our second heatwave in as many weeks, and that amount of acrylic on my lap is a bit much.  So I'll take it up again in December when we're on holiday in the southwestern Cape, with a much more civilised climate! Until then, I'll be One-A-Daying with some smaller projects that I Need To Finish.

Thank you for all the lovely comments and feedback on my rippe so far. It is really encouraging and keeps me from throwing in the blanket! Gonna blow you all away in January ;-)  In the meantime, I really love looking at your work, the beautiful prjects coming from this One-A-Day, and there are so many ideas coming up.

(PS.  Translation of previous post Ons Hekel/We Crochet now done to English).

Now.  Let's have a look at all the other great projects listed over at Carole's blog...

12 comments:

Natasja said...

Beautiful! Hopefully the heatwave will pass very soon.

Anonymous said...

your ripple blanket is sooooooo beautiful. the colours are amazing. :)

Kashi said...

I know I can't work on blankets during the summer. Even if the air is on it gets just too hot. It will still be there. It is looking great by the way.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That's awesome! Love all those colors your using. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

* said...

Your ripple looks so pretty, the colours are just gorgeous in their rainbow. I have never found it to be too hot to crochet, but in the uk the weather is never very extreme normally. It's quite a comfort to be crocheting blankets at the moment as they keep you warm as you go.

karisma said...

Its beautiful! I can understand the need to put it aside through the heat too. I have been wanting to take pictures of my one a day and its been far too hot to put in on. I have been knitting in the early or late hours this week. :-)

Joanne said...

Your ripple is gorgeous! the mirrored colours looks fantastic.
Looking forward to seeing your other projects.
Hope you have a slightly cooler week.

Stefanie said...

A pretty rainbow your ripple is coming out to be. I can understand not wanting to work on it w/a heatwave. I've done that.

Anonymous said...

I love the mirrored rainbow it looks amazing. I know what you mean about it getting too hot to crochet large blankets, it will be good to see your other projects as well. xx

The Craft Giraffe said...

Love the colours, its a beautiful blanket :)

Carole said...

Looks lovely!

Can you send the heatwave this way please, I'm so cold!

Candace said...

We could do with a bit of warm weather here in the UK. Winter is coming :0(

Just the the bright colours of your ripple and hope it cools a little for you to enable you to work on it some more