Tuesday 17 January 2012

One-A-Day...Leandra's Cushion

Disclaimer...I don't know WHAT's going on with Blogger.  It insists on rotating my photo's on the side.  Can't do anything about it. Sorrrrry.
Can't find my Dashboard.
 If anybody can advise, I'd be grateful for ever. Even on how to get back to the old Blogger.

I was meant to sew in the last few ends on my Rainbow Ripple.

I was meant to start with The Great Romany Blanket.

I was meant to continue hooking African Flowers for my aunty...

Instead I could leave the Vinni's Cotton alone and started with a cushion for newly wed cousin-in-law Leandra!


Vinni's is a locally produced, proudly South African 100% of the softest cotton yarn.



The colours are beautiful.
R27 a ball...
But oh, the quality!  And the colours!



And its part of some community project that I'll have to get the background of.

I might be saying goodbye to acrylic for smaller items :-)

So I've got 1 square, 4 almost-squares and 4 centres (working production-line here) and have decided to go for a 5x5 square cushion, joining-as-I-go and starting like this:



And these are the colours I'll be using:



And the pattern is Attic 24's Summer Garden Squares.

This is my first One-A-Day post of the year.  For more, have a look at Gingerbread Girl who is hosting One-A-Day, and where you will find heaps of lovely projects!



PS.  Found it. Vinni's Colours is the brainchild of Vinni Nielsen.  It can be ordered at http://www.purlescence.co.uk/
But have a look at www.besweetproducts.com to see what she's exporting to the US market.
Locally produced. Not available here, though.
Sigh.

PPS - What I learnt now about the photos: even though photos are upright in the Windows folder, it is posted the way I took it with my iPhone. New gadget, need to learn a few things ;-)

17 comments:

Mlissabeth said...

Beautiful colors! i am glad you are able to use that locally produced yarn.

Stocki said...

That's going to be a beautiful cushion - the colours you chose are stunning! :)x

Prettee Craftee said...

Hallo daar!
Was just about to ask where I could the yarn from. Will be checking out the link!
Celeste x

HillyT said...

Those really are beautiful colours, so rich and warm. They look lovely in your work.

Deb Hickman said...

What gorgeous yarn, love the colurs and your squares look wonderful. Sorry can't help with your blogger problem, I hope you can gt it sorted.xxx

Anonymous said...

The Yarn is beautiful! what amazing colours you are using.

Gerlene said...

C, lovely. Just check your last link. You forgot the "s" in be"s"weet.

Anonymous said...

looks like a beautiful yarn. Loving those colours you choose for your cushion looks amazing. xx

Stefanie said...

Can you rotate your pics around on your desktop of your computer via Windows Live Photo Gallery if you have a PC? On Blogger you can't; it will usually upload your pics how they've been taken I think.
How fun to use locally produced yarn. Such pride is awesome. Your summer garden squares are wonderful.

Suzanne said...

Sorry, no tips for the blogger issues...I read more problems in blogland. So far I didn't have any (knock on wood).

Love the granny's! That yarn looks so lush. I love the color tones, that light pink is adorable!! You can spoil yourself from time to time.

Candace said...

gorgeous colours

karisma said...

The colours are amazing! Just beautiful.

When you can't see your dashboard label up the top. Look to the left and there is a B just like the one in front of everyones names here. Just click on it and it should either bring up your dashboard immediately or take you to log in. I never knew this for a long time till one of my ahem "younger" friends pointed it out.

Hope this helps. Hugs xoxox

Penny said...

Hello
I found your blog a while back and have been meaning to comment. I am a South African living in the UK and it's so lovely to follow a South African blogger who loves yarn and crochet!That cotton looks stunning and on converting R27 to pounds it seems cheap in comparison to what we pay for good cotton here. I look forward to seeing all your future makes xox Penelope

vintagehomespun said...

Beautiful colours, Judy x

Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarn. Would this be available in Cape Town? We are going back later this year and I would love to buy some for a project. Kind regards, Ann

Stel said...

Thanks for all your kind comments (and alerting me to the B, Karisma!
Ann, I don't know the yarn stores in Cape Town, I heard someting about a place in Durbanville. You could post the same questio on out Facebook group "Ons Hekel", there are quite a few members from the Cape. Otherwise it might be easier to have a look at the link above.

Stel said...

Thanks for all your kind comments (and alerting me to the B, Karisma!
Ann, I don't know the yarn stores in Cape Town, I heard someting about a place in Durbanville. You could post the same questio on out Facebook group "Ons Hekel", there are quite a few members from the Cape. Otherwise it might be easier to have a look at the link above.