Wednesday 30 April 2014

A beanie for Waka

Last year, I made beanies with ear flaps for Waka's youngest son  and our nephew John in Ireland.  Waks wanted one too, and autumn has arrived, so here it is:


A Waka-beanie


I used Kismet Spice, a lovely DK acrylic, and hooked with a double thread.  The pattern is a basic beanie, starting with a 12 dc ring and increasing from there.  The earflaps...I winged.


Ears gonna be warm


Think I might hook new ones for my boys as well.

Here's a great blog post on designing and sizing beanies.  Yeeeees, it is in Afrikaans, but between Google Translate and the following, it should be easy enough to figure it out.

kb (kortbeen) = Single Crochet
hlb (halwe langbeen) = Half Double Crochet
lb (langbeen) = Double Crochet

There you go, hook a beanie!

6 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

love it!!!!!! ;oD
xxxxx Ale

Annette - MyRoseValley said...

Dear Stel
You make beanies. I make spring flowers. I wish you could transfer yourself here within minutes. I would take to my dear South African friends Carien and Maros for a BBQ before class and considering the drinking habits of a South African BBQ your Maybelle flower might end up with less or more petals than the instructions are given... Ha ha ha!
Xxx
Annette

Stel said...

I'll bring along a bottle of Boplaas Cape Vintage :-)
(We're not allowed to call it port anymore :-P

mel @ loved handmade said...

this is so sweet

Annie Cholewa said...

If only I could hook!

Your last post ... much food for thought ... thank you.

CarlaK.be said...

Nice beanie !
Nice language too !!! kortbeen in het Vlaams is dan vaste, halwe langbeen = half stokje, langbeen = stokje .
O ik hou van taal en woorden en lezen en natuurlijk ook van haken !