"I don't know why they call this frogging", I moaned to my husband, as grrrrrr grrrrrr grrrrrr went the 32 rows (ROWS!) of my Ripple.
"Grrrrrrr grrrrrr grrrrr" went my Little Man, just like a frog. I got it.
Yes. I frogged ALL of my Ripple. *
Tried to save the first two rows, so I wouldn't have to go through The Foundation Chain of Hell again...so I promptly made a mistake and had to restart. From scratch.
FIVE times. Five times I chained and rechained before I got it right, and can proudly now say that I've GOT it and The Ripple II is going along just fine.
I am so far now:
(Blood-red, burnt orange, light peach. Looks a bit funny here.)
I am just so happy that this time I GOT it, and I'm getting my valleys and hills in place and managing my last two stiches in the top chain etc. And I got to discard the olive green that was bothering me, plus the very pale dusty pink and two of the cheap superacrylics, so now I'm continuing just with Pure Gold. Nice and soft.
SO I need to ask - how do you manage the foundation chain? I followed recommendations from both Lucy and The Happy Hooker - first hooked a bit loose, then tried using a bigger hook, and then, big revelation, hooked in the Back Loop of each stich, and it was just so much easier, and neater, and Easier. Took me the whole of "Source Code" (watching the dvd with husband) to get through 199 stitches, and absolutely happy with it. (Loved the movie. Love Jake. He'll probably get a fit when hearing that somebody hooked through the movie :-).
Also got 30 African Flowers in the mail, off on their way to Potchefstroom :-) where they'll be waiting for more flowers from here, Cork and Potch:
Thank you for sitting through this rambling. Thanks for the lovely comments on my previous post. Hilly T, I did see you green edges as well, and its looking so nice and fresh. This CAL is really worth it, doing some hooking every day, writing up a post, and then sharing in the progress. I love it. Thanks for participating and sharing your ideas, feedback, support etc.
(Have a look at other participants in One-A-Day at Gingerbread Girl's blog every Tuesday.)
*What was wrong...I somehow missed the loast two stitched in the top if the chain and the end of the row, somewhere (hooked one day in the beginnig without my instructions). Then couldn't get my peaks and valleys aligned, and the one edge of the work ended up looking ...rippled, while the other side was perfectly straight. Couldn't fix it, it just got worse. Had to throw in the towel/blanket.